Teaching during a pandemic, well, it certainly isn’t the easiest thing… In fact, we have huge, enormous, MASSIVE respect for ALL of the teachers who have committed to seeing our little ones through these rather unusual teaching times.
But now that the kids are back at school full-time *fingers crossed*, we know that teachers are getting back-to-teacher-business and have yet another teacher task to pivot… organising things that used to form part of a regular school event during the term - the much-loved school outing!
Yes, school outings, they’re wonderful, they’re fabulous, they do however require some adjustments these days. Not to worry! We’re here to let all the teachers (and parents) know what an extra special (and SAFE) school outing a trip to Wonderdal can be!
Right, Miss.Carol, you’re probably scrolling through this during a much-needed lunch break, we suggest you grab a mug of tea and a sneaky biscuit, take a seat, and read all about Wonderdal. Grab a pen too because we know you’ll want to start planning your next school outing ASAP!
Why is Wonderdal such a safe and stimulating spot for a school outing? Let us count the ways, starting at number 1:
1. It’s only the BEST Interactive Edutainment Centre around
As the heading above states, we are an immersive, interactive edutainment centre, focused on blending creative design and award-winning educational resources, along with world-class technology to combine learning with play. *we know, that’s a teachers dream sentence right there*
At Wonderdal, children are able to discover the world of science, nutrition, and nature through a variety of indoor and outdoor activity zones.
"Wonderdal is a modern, child-centered playground, aimed at developing independence in children and what they learn in a fun, interactive and engaging environment." - Amanda Gourlay, Grade 3 teacher at Reddam House, Constantia
With seven Edu-zones to explore, the task of learning through stimulating play suddenly seems magical. Our Learning Zones are interactive, foster children’s creativity & curiosity and promote knowledge and skills across a variety of educational themes. The education themes are aligned to the CAPS curriculum and are displayed in the most CAPS-tivating way *we couldn’t resist a teacher joke*
For more insight into the breakdown of our SEVEN Edu-zones, click here.
2. Is there any further assistance for teachers once at Wonderdal?
The best reply we have to the above is: Is the earth even round? Of course, there is assistance! You didn’t think we would leave you in the lurch, did you? The trained Wonderdal staff, also known as the Wonderpals are there to lend loads of helping (sanitised) hands.
The Wonderpals are there to supervise and facilitate the young adventurers, assisting during the learning process, as well as to offer teachers an extra set of eyes. Of course, the Wonderpals are also assisted by the Amuki…
Who are the Amuki? (your little learners are going to LOVE this!):
- They’re the inhabitants of Wonderdal Edutainment Centre!
- They’re friendly, quirky, highly-intelligent creatures with shimmering, colourful bodies and leafy ears.
- They’re able to be seen by the young adventurers by slipping on a special magical bracelet at Kora’s Gate - this allows adventurers to communicate with the Amuki who would otherwise be invisible.
- The Amuki are our little adventurers learning companions, there to help, guide and assist them through the learning process.
To read more about our wonderful Amuki characters, click here. Oh, just one more thing teachers… While the little ones learn and have fun with the Amuki, you can enjoy a delicious cup of coffee (on the house!) at the wonderful Babushka Deli, situated right next door.
3. This is a big one: Covid-19 protocols
Your safety (that includes all visitors, teachers and of course, our little adventurers!) is SUPER important to us! The world has had to adapt and we have had to adjust too.
This is how we ensure your next school trip is SUPER safe:
- Masks are ESSENTIAL. No mask, no entry.
- Amuki logos are placed on the floor, throughout the centre to guide adventurers and to help maintain a safe distance.
- Specialised silver ion technology transparent overlays cover all screens in Wonderdal which repels 99% of bacteria.
- Our screens are also physically cleaned and sanitized every 60 minutes.
- There are two separate areas to drop off and collect children.
- We use Microtel sanitiser - the same product used widely throughout hospitals.
Our Wonderpals have been trained in the management of Covid-19 procedures. You can read through our full Covid-19 Protocols list, here.
4. How easy is it to visit Wonderdal?
It’s super easy to visit us! We are located conveniently close to Cape Town, Durbanville and Stellenbosch. Basically, we’re just a car, bus, school bus or minibus ride away!
“Wonderdal is an educational hub. It’s beautiful when you walk in there because you can smell the learning, but it is 21st Century learning. It is a wonderfully interactive, encompassing environment for children to combine the things that really makes them feel excited about learning.” - Lize Puren, MD & Principal, Tate International School
As we are situated on the beautiful Hazendal Wine Estate, our entrance security is top-notch, too. Please note, the following will be required when entering:https://www.wonderdal.co.za/contact/
- Our security team will ask for either a South African ID book, card or driver's license to be produced which will be scanned.
- Temperatures will be taken and masks must be produced.
- All that’s left is to be directed to our safe parking lot, conveniently situated right next door to Wonderdal.
We think we were able to fit all of the necessary information and FAQs in here, just as you are finishing that final sip of tea. As mentioned above, should there be any further questions, simply pop us an email and we’ll be sure to get in touch ASAP!
We know you have some planning to do, you might want to download the Wonderdal Teacher Pack here and know that we can’t wait to welcome you and your little learners very very soon!
Happy School Outing Planning x
Are you ready to book your next school outing with Wonderdal? All you have to do is click here to get started.
The Amuki & Wonderdal Team
We look forward to sharing the wonders and magic of Wonderdal with you and your children. Wonderdal is a space where kids can explore, discover and experience a world of wonders in science, biology and nature. We hope this blog inspires you and your kids to be curious, to play and to discover the wonders of our world, together.
Subscribe and stay up to date
receive essential emails.